When arriving at Mġarr Harbour in Gozo, follow the signs to Victoria (or take Bus 301). At Victoria, known to locals by its medieval name of Ir-Rabat, proceed up the main street (triq in Maltese) triq ir-repubblika, to pjazza indipendenza / it-tokk, the town’s main square lined with ficus nitida trees. it-telgha tal-belt, the road up to Iċ-Ċittadella, runs from its northwest corner. If driving, continue to the next square, pjazza savina. Take the first road on the right and then turn first right again, into triq il-ħaġġarija / il-kastell, up to a hair-pin bend beneath the fortifications and the Cathedral Parking lot. The pedestrian may climb a flight of steps up the pjazza tal-katidral, the Cathedral Square, use the public lift, or walk up the ramp close to the parking lot.
An important note for the visitor:
- The Cathedral is a place of worship, hence one is requested to enter dressed decently. Disposable coverings are
provided at the entrance should you need one.
- Kindly refrain as much as possible to wear stiletto heels or narrow heeled shoes to avoid damage to the inlaid
- Photography is allowed, however the use of flash is forbidden in both the Cathedral and Museum.
- No food and drinks are allowed in the Cathedral or Museum.
- Due to certain celebrations such as weddings, funerals or special occasions, one may be denied entry to the
Cathedral. Kindly follow any notification that the management might issue.
When a visitor wants to enter the Cathedral for prayer he is invited to approach a member of our staff and he would be guided to the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament.